Lightning strikes, damaged powerlines, bad electrical wiring and faulty appliances can all cause electrical surges, sags and dips in power. Though surges may only last for a microsecond at a time, frequent surges can degrade the life expectancy of your electrical system. Dips in power can also increase your energy bill, as your appliances must work harder to maintain sufficient power.
If you experience frequent surges or dips in power, the fix may be as simple as removing any cheaply made power boards or devices from the outlet. However, if that doesn’t work, don’t try to make an extravagant electric repair yourself. Contact a professional who understands electrical systems and who can make a repair in a swift and safe manner.