If you can’t seem to keep lightbulbs in your lamps and fixtures for more than a few months or even weeks, it may be time to stop berating the bulb manufacturer and look for the real cause of the issue. There are a number of reasons bulbs burn out quickly, including bad wiring on the mains, bad wiring at the circuits, too high of wattage and insulation that is too close to the fixture. If you use a dimmer switch, the problem may be that you have too much connected to that one switch. Identifying the problem can be difficult, which is why you should contact a professional to help locate the issue and make a repair.
Another electric issue that calls for a professional’s knowledge is recessed lights that “go out” but then come back on. When this occurs, it’s because the light overheats and shuts itself off as a protective measure. Overheating may be the result of too high wattage or insulation that is too close to the light’s bulb.